
It took me several tries to finally get this stencil design to work out. I used the embossing paste with brass stencil technique and kept trying to do it on a black background. Needless to say, I couldn't get the image to show up well, so I ended up with the white background.
The background uses the embossing resist technique.
I thought it turned out pretty well, considering that these techniques are new to me. Although, I think I would've added some black to the koi fish eyes. I'll probably look back at this card and say, "What was I thinking?".
Supplies List:
Dreamweaver - Brass Stencil - LG 701 Carp
Dreamweaver - Embossing Paste
Kodomo Inc. - stamp - sakura I 0513-04
Stampettes - stamp - sakura
VersaMark - Watermark Stamp Pad
Martha Stewart Crafts - Iridescent fine glitter - orange sorbet & sugar cube
Color Box - Cat's Eye Chalk - pumpkin spice
Memento - Dye Ink - London Fog
Tim Holtz - Distress Ink - spiced marmalade & wild honey
Black cardstock
Neenah - Classic Crest - Avalanche White 80#
sponge daubers (to apply ink on stencil)
Ranger Ink - blending tool (to apply inks on background)
pastry knife (to apply embossing paste)
No comments:
Post a Comment