I was so excited to be there. Here's what we had at our seats - various product brochures, a nice informative guide to Copics, images printed on Copic Xpress It paper, color chart, and (the best part) a Copic pen case filled with 11 pens & refills!!
The class was all day 9a-4p. Most of the time was learning about Copic pens, how to use them, what papers and inks are good to use with them. We spent less than an hour actually coloring (disappointing).
It ran over so late that I couldn't stay beyond 15 minutes extra because I had to get Br from daycare. I was pretty disappointed that I missed out on the airbrush demo. That was one of the big reasons for taking the class. Poo.
So was it worth it? Although I enjoyed being there and now I'm "Copic Certified" (whatever that means), I don't think I got much more out of it than I've already researched and learned from the Internet. I think the best part of it was the bag of goodies. However, now that I've completed the beginning course, I can go on and take the Intermediate course to learn and practice blending skills. I hope to do that some day. Or, maybe I should just keep practicing on my own and save the $$$ for more markers and refills!!
This blog is mostly for me to record anything that I make out of paper. I use it to refer back to for ideas, to learn from my "fugly"mistakes in hopes to improve the next thing I make.
Monday, October 17, 2011
Copic Certified - Wooh!
The Beginner level Copic Certification class came to Sac so I jumped on the chance to take it. I signed up and paid for it thinking that it was on a Sunday, only to realize it was on a Monday a week prior to the class! I missed out on Bl's 1 year check up (Br took him instead) and I ended up having to take the day off of work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment